0 0

Right testicle pain

Over the last 2 days i have had a dull pain in my right testicle, I have checked then over and not found any abnormal lumps or bumps. As i have felt it over as i feel the tip of the testicle the pain is at its worst. As you can more then likley understand i am pretty concerned about this and any advice / responces will be greatly appreciated.

Asked by Molton
10th June 2009 (in Health)

Tags: glands spots

Response from Men's Sexual Health:

There many causes of testicular pain, some of which require immediate attention. As you have been experiencing this dull pain over a couple of days, it is most likely not due to trauma or torsion (twisting) of a testical. One cause of testicular pain is Epididymitis (testicle infection). This is an inflammation of the epididymis, usually due to an infection. It is the most common cause of testicular pain in men older than 18 years. It can be diagnosed with a urine sample and usually treated with antibiotics. However, this is normally accompanied by swelling, which you do not mention. As there are many possible causes, most easy to diagnose and treat, it is highly recommended you seek advice from your GP. If you would like further advice, or would prefer to use a local Sexual Health Clinic, please contact us. All calls are treated with strictest confidence.

1 0

Answered by team member Mara
8th July 2009

I have not noticed any inflammation but thats not to say there isnt any.

I am currently taking Isotretinoin for my acne, in the leaflet that came with it they say that one of the undesirable effects could be that Leukoytes, Cells in the blood involved in fighting infection can decrease in numbers therefore making me more prone to infections.

0 0

Answered by Molton
8th July 2009

Response from Men's Sexual Health:

Taking medications can often have side effects, and it may well have contributed to the problem. When it comes to the possibility of testicular infection, if that is what you have, if left untreated, it can worsen. It is highly advisable you speak to your GP, to diagnose or rule out illness, especially if you find any further changes. It will be interesting to find out if the medication you are taking has contributed!

0 0

Answered by team member Mara
8th July 2009

Other similar questions

Bumps on penis tip
ahmed on 22nd Sep 2013 (1 response)

White hard spots on testicle area sum big sum small
lee on 11th Jan 2010 (1 response)

Bumps of smegma
on 7th Feb 2011 (1 response)

Sore on tip of penis
J on 6th Mar 2011 (1 response)

Penis discharge
jamie on 11th May 2011 (1 response)

Pain when urinating and spots on penis
John on 22nd Apr 2012 (1 response)

I'm worried about my penis head and foreskin.
Brad on 10th Jun 2009 (1 response)

Colour of my penis
varun on 9th Feb 2013 (1 response)

My pennis tip has become Red
Nagaraju on 15th Jul 2013 (1 response)

Fluid come out
kan on 21st Aug 2013 (1 response)

Top questions

Gelatine lumps in semen Ricky on 10th Jun 2009 (18 responses)

Penis is not stand Srikant on 29th Oct 2013 (8 responses)

Penis goes soft mr hash on 10th Jun 2009 (2 responses)

Spontaneous ejaculation Dave on 10th Jun 2009 (11 responses)

How to stop pre-ejaculation/water like sticky staff while chatting with girlfriend John on 5th Dec 2010 (1 response)

Leaking pre cum on 10th Jun 2009 (3 responses)

I'm worried about my penis head and foreskin. Brad on 10th Jun 2009 (1 response)

Cum is like water kumar on 8th Jan 2013 (1 response)

Pre cum and losing erection Adam on 9th Sep 2013 (1 response)

How to stop precum datissab on 4th Jun 2013 (3 responses)