0 0

Sexual Health Problem

Hello, I am a 31 years old male and I feel like I suffer from premature ejaculation. I the last four months whenever I have sex with my girlfriend(she is my only partner), most of the times the sexual act lasts 1-2 minutes. I feel like I don't have any control on this and I don't know how to approach this problem. I am very concerned of this problem and I do not know how to solve it. Any advice is more than welcomed. Thank you very much indeed. I look forward to receiving your reply.

Asked by anonymous
4th April 2012 (in Sex)

Tags: ejaculation

Response from Men's Sexual Health:

Thank you for getting in touch with us about your concern. It sounds like you are experiencing premature ejaculation, which can affect as much as 40 to 50% of the male population at some point in their life. The causes can range from psychological to physical to environmental. As this problem has started later in life and now been with you for a few months, there is no doubt that there is a psychological element to it, which is creating a vicious cycle, and, without help, it may have a knock on effect in other areas of your life, as you may already be experiencing by feelin this is now out of your control. There are several treatments to help with this issue, dependant on what the cause is, from exercises to medication. It would be best to book an appointment with your GP to discuss your condition, as they will be able to take a full history and advise the most appropriate treatment dependant on the origin of your condition. We fully appreciate that it can be difficult to seek advice face to face, but please be assured that this problem affects many men, and your GP will be very sensitive to your concerns. In the meantime, some things you can try to help yourself are: Masturbate a few hours before you have sex, in an attempt to be less likely to orgasm too quickly. Try to have sex with your girlfriend on top, so she is more in control of the movements and this may help to slow things down. Our final recommendation, whilst you are waiting to seek further advice, is to try using condoms and/or lubricants that have a small amount of numbing agent in them, to help dull sensitivity and delay orgasm, such as Delay by Pasante and Performa by Durex. Even though you are in a committed relationship, we advocate safe sex at Men's Sexual Health, so advise condom use as a matter of course. These condoms can have quite successful results, and, though the numbing sensation may be unusual, rest assured, they are safe to use and feeling will return. We hope this helps you. Please feel free to get in touch with any further concerns.

0 0

Answered by team member Mara
6th April 2012

Other similar questions

I ejaculate too quick, how can i stop this?
sam on 18th Jan 2010 (1 response)

Penis goes soft
mr hash on 10th Jun 2009 (2 responses)

Penis hurts and goes soft during sex
jc on 22nd Dec 2010 (1 response)

mr on 28th Feb 2011 (1 response)

on 1st Mar 2011 (1 response)

Pre ejaculate
asqual on 19th Jun 2011 (1 response)

Weakened orgasim
George. on 22nd Jun 2011 (1 response)

Water drop during erection and itchy top of penis
shah on 6th Jul 2011 (1 response)

Leaking pre cum
on 10th Jun 2009 (3 responses)

Premature ejaculation
YASAR on 7th Oct 2012 (2 responses)

Top questions

Gelatine lumps in semen Ricky on 10th Jun 2009 (18 responses)

Penis is not stand Srikant on 29th Oct 2013 (8 responses)

Penis goes soft mr hash on 10th Jun 2009 (2 responses)

Spontaneous ejaculation Dave on 10th Jun 2009 (11 responses)

How to stop pre-ejaculation/water like sticky staff while chatting with girlfriend John on 5th Dec 2010 (1 response)

I'm worried about my penis head and foreskin. Brad on 10th Jun 2009 (1 response)

Leaking pre cum on 10th Jun 2009 (3 responses)

Cum is like water kumar on 8th Jan 2013 (1 response)

Pennis size ? zayn on 13th Dec 2015 (1 response)

Dirty Anus Pablo on 10th Jun 2009 (2 responses)