0 0

Untreatable chlamydia

My partner who is a 36 year old male has been suffering with chlamydia for three years now. He has been on at least 5 courses of antibiotics over the last year but is still testing positive for it. It might be important to note that it was only detectable in a blood test and not in the urine. Symptoms include sever pain when penis is becoming erect, pain on ejaculation and after sexual intercourse in the penis. There is also pain while urinating. Why is this infection not getting cured with the antibiotics? Could it be something else and how else can he go about treating it? Thanks

Asked by Lani
23rd October 2009 (in Health)

Tags: penis ejaculation chlamydia testing sti

Response from Men's Sexual Health:

As you've not mentioned it, can you please tell us if you have been receiving treatment at the same time. Also, though treatment is often a single dose of antibiotic, he must abstain from sexual activity for one week after taking it. Has this been the case? Is it possible you are passing it back and forth between yourselves? That would seem the simple answer, so please confirm you are taking neccessary precautions.

0 0

Answered by team member Mara
25th October 2009

Hi Mara,

Thank you for your reply. My partner and i are actually in different countries at the moment so passing it back and forth between us is impossible.

0 2

Answered by Lani
17th November 2009

Response from Men's Sexual Health:

You have stated that the Chlamydia is only showing up in blood tests, so it is just possible that what you partner is not actually infected with the Chlamydia Trachomatis bacterium, but the residue DNA from the original infection in his blood stream; this is quite rare, but not unheard of. If this is the case, then treatment is quite difficult, as he would need regular blood tests and only when the DNA count is low, would the doctor prescribe specific medication, and this would need be done two or three times before the blood is cleared of the residue DNA. The other aspect is that you have said your partner is in another country, though treatment for Chlamydia is quite universal today, there is evidence that show that in some countries not all antibiotics are as strong as they should be, or that the need to complete the full course is advised.

0 0

Answered by team member Tim
3rd December 2009

I had recurring chlamydia that was actually where it had infected my prostate which was harder to cure apparently. Went in the end though with long course of antibiotics and inubrofen and Zantac.

0 2

Answered by Bill
21st July 2013

Other similar questions

Gelatine lumps in semen
Ricky on 10th Jun 2009 (18 responses)

Penis discomfort
E on 19th Feb 2015 (1 response)

Penis leakage
Dylan on 12th Mar 2015 (1 response)

Involuntary / spontaneous orgasms
Adrian on 20th Mar 2016 (1 response)

on 10th Jun 2009 (4 responses)

Chlamydia antibiotics..
on 30th Jun 2010 (1 response)

Soft penis that ejaculates
on 12th Mar 2011 (1 response)

Penis discharge
jamie on 11th May 2011 (1 response)

Penis head/foreskin.
stu on 8th Dec 2012 (1 response)

Cum is like water
kumar on 8th Jan 2013 (1 response)

Top questions

Gelatine lumps in semen Ricky on 10th Jun 2009 (18 responses)

Penis is not stand Srikant on 29th Oct 2013 (8 responses)

Spontaneous ejaculation Dave on 10th Jun 2009 (11 responses)

Penis goes soft mr hash on 10th Jun 2009 (2 responses)

I'm worried about my penis head and foreskin. Brad on 10th Jun 2009 (1 response)

Leaking pre cum on 10th Jun 2009 (3 responses)

Pennis size ? zayn on 13th Dec 2015 (1 response)

How to stop pre-ejaculation/water like sticky staff while chatting with girlfriend John on 5th Dec 2010 (1 response)

Dirty Anus Pablo on 10th Jun 2009 (2 responses)

Untreatable chlamydia Lani on 23rd Oct 2009 (4 responses)